It is a normal thought that health and wellness are the same things. As a matter of fact, this is not the case. Although not interchangeable, the components of health and wellness relate closely. Here, we are going to summarize how the components of health are related to wellness. Let’s dive into the things.
WHO Summarizes How The Components Of Health Are Related To Wellness
According to the World Health Organization, health is “a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease and infirmity”.
Moreover, WHO says the optimal state of health for individuals and groups is wellness. To be more precise, wellness is a positive approach to living.
What Is The Relationship Between Health And Wellness?
There is always a very strong relationship between health and wellness. By saying this, we mean that health is an ultimate goal. Whereas, wellness is the strategy adopted to reach that desired goal. For example, if someone wants to improve physical health, he will adopt a lifestyle that yields good physical health. It is this very lifestyle that is called wellness.
The Top 6 Components To Consider When You Summarize How The Components Of Health Are Related To Wellness
The components of health are physical, emotional, social, spiritual, mental, and environmental. All the components of health depend on wellness in the same aspect. Moreover, it is worth mentioning that all the components of health are so closely related to each other that we cannot draw clear-cut boundaries. Rather, it forms a spectrum where different components overlap and support each other.
Let’s Summarize How The Components Of Health Are Related To Wellness
As mentioned earlier, wellness is a route we take towards health. The more you focus on wellness, the healthier you will be. For this, you have to understand how a certain aspect of health can be improved.
Now we will discuss the components of health and wellness in detail.
1. Physical Health And Wellness
One of the major components of health is physical health. It includes the optimum functioning of all the organs and systems of the body. It will be quite easy for you to focus on the other aspects of your health only if your physical health is solid. Furthermore, it not only contains disease prevention but also consists of taking steps to improve it.
For example, exercise plays a major role in maintaining physical health. As it improves blood circulation, all the organs get sufficient oxygen and nutrients. Consequently, every tissue of the body is nourished for good. Also, it burns calories and helps reduce weight.
Furthermore, preventing diseases is also a part of physical wellness. For example, getting vaccines against infectious diseases. Also, stopping smoking, eating healthy, low alcohol consumption all lead to good physical health.
Read more: Physical Fitness and Holiday Fitness Quotes: The Way to Succeed
2. Mental Health And Wellness
Mental health is much more than just being happy. It includes social, emotional, and psychological well-being. It means maintaining a sound balance between what life throws at you and how you react to that. For example, it includes managing stress in a way that does not disturb the day to day life.
Working On Mental Wellness Is Really Significant.
We hope you will like our following tips for mental wellness.
- Exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, as it releases endorphin which resultantly elevates your mood.
- Do some deep breathing exercises.
- Learn some new skills to improve your intelligence.
- You should be positive, looking at the brighter side of the picture. It will improve not only your mental health but also your physical health.
- Lastly, identify when you need help. As there are certain times when the stress can get out of control and it starts manifesting itself in physical form. This results in overall bad health and things can go out of control. So, whenever you feel the situation is not under your control, get help from some professional.
3. Social Health And Wellness
Being social animals, we need to form and sustain relationships for survival. Hence, forming a healthy relationship is quite important. It is vital that our relationships help us and others prosper. We can improve the way we interact with others in a lot of ways like:
- Always be polite and humble while treating others. Never treat them the way you do not want them to treat you.
- Secondly, communicate clearly, as most relationship problems arise due to the lack of communication. Here, we find verbal as well as non-verbal communication. Express yourself in the best ways to convey your feelings.
- Learn to develop healthy boundaries. It is vital to avoid complications. Also, everyone needs some personal space. On one hand, learn how to respect others’ privacy. On the other hand, make others clear about your limitations.
4. Spiritual Health And Wellness
One of the six major components of health is spiritual health. Spiritual health means gaining inner peace by developing harmony between yourself, the environment, and other humans. It does not always mean being religious. However, practicing religion can be a way to spirituality. Furthermore, there are other ways leading to spiritual wellbeing:
- Live a purposeful life.
- You must have the habit to count your blessings and be always thankful to pay your gratitude for them.
- Appreciate what the good people do to you.
- Know your strengths and weaknesses.
5. Environmental Health And Wellness
Although it is often neglected, environmental wellness plays a vital role in the overall health of an individual. This is because both the living and the non-living environments directly affect our mood, and physical, mental, and emotional health.
It is in our hands to make our environment worth living by such simple activities:
- Use biodegradable materials.
- Prefer public transport over personal transport. This way you will consume less fuel and cause low air pollution.
- Do not litter. Dispose of the waste materials properly and save the environment from land pollution
- Follow the rules made by the government in order to protect the environment
6. Environmental Health And Wellness
We often ignore this crucial aspect of health. However, emotional, physical, and mental health are equally important. Good emotional health means being able to deal with feelings in such a way that it benefits us and others. It doesn’t mean to be cold but to channel the emotions in the best way. Such as:
- First, identify and express your emotions properly.
- Second, think well before you respond.
- Third, practice relaxation exercises.
More read: Why Health Motivation is Needed For a Good Lifestyle?
The Final Thoughts While You Summarize How The Components Of Health Are Related To Wellness
Thus you see how the components of health are related to wellness in a highly comprehensive way. Everyone must be vigilant about their health and should try their best to maintain their wellness as well.