Isotretinoin is another name for Accutane. It is a drug used to cure severe acne. Acne can be a tenacious ailment so that a person can use medicine in the long term. However, isotretinoin has side effects on the body. The main question in the mind of many a person is, ” Does Accutane make you gain weight?” It might be possible that Accutane causes weight gain or loss. So, there are different scenarios that we will explore in this post.
What Is Acne?
The most prevalent and long-lasting illness is acne. Every person’s acne varies in severity. Oil and dead skin cells clog the skin’s small openings, which are also hair follicles. Consequently, it causes acne. Besides, it makes the skin oily, misty, and sometimes painful. Moreover, acne hits the face, back, shoulders, etc.
What Is Accutane?
Well, Accutane is made up of vitamin A. It helps to treat acne when it gets intense. Accutane controls the oil glands on the skin. It reduces inflammation caused by acne. Also, isotretinoin decreases obstructing pores. Moreover, kills bacteria and other germs.
Side Effects Of Accutane
We all know about the opposite reaction to every action. Does not matter what product you are using; it will give you effects. And these effects can be severe or slight. So, let’s discuss the side effects of isotretinoin.
Mostly, every medicine has a tad bit of reaction. These consequences are not much harmful and can be resolved with a few precautions.
- Firstly, Accutane can create different skin issues. For instance, your skin gets dry, prickly, or irritated. Further, you can see little patches of rashes and fragility on your skin.
- A person may feel a dry nasal cavity, dry eyes, or dry skin. On the other hand, Accutane may generate dryness in your body. So, avoid this parchment by moisturizing the skin. Furthermore, have plenty of drinks to make yourself hydrated and active.
- Another common side effect of isotretinoin is body ache. The joints, muscles, and headaches usually happen when someone uses this drug. So, focusing on diet and exercise is better to avoid these kinds of pain. But, if it gets severe, consult your doctor.
- Next, you may feel some intermittent digestive problems. Additionally, an intestinal issue may arise. Therefore, having proper food and movement will make you relieved.
- Antibiotics for Skin Infection: Most Common Skin Infection
- Best Anti Aging Skin Care Products For Womens
Now, here are some serious effects of using Accutane. If you feel any of them, consult with a specialist.
- Abdominal diseases such as inflammation in your gastric area, ulcerative colitis, or some other critical condition might generate while using Accutane.
- Cholesterol and sugar levels can get high. Isotretinoin attacks the liver. Resultantly, it may cause hepatitis or diabetes. In addition, hearing and visionary abilities get worsen.
- Accutane influence the activity of the brain. It may include nausea, extreme headache, tiredness, seizure, etc. Likewise, this drug can bring your mental health
- Extreme allergy attacks are also part of the side effects. It rarely happens to the person using isotretinoin. Still, there are chances of shortness of breathing or difficulty to breath. Similarly, inflammation of the face or mouth.
- Accutane can affect your mood. You may badly want to cry or feel sad. Also, it adds up aggression and frustration to your mood. Moreover, you can lose interest in activities, and you might start avoiding gatherings.
- Finally, a person can always feel thirsty. It decreases the appetite. Thus, your skin becomes pale due to decreased red blood cells.
Effect of Accutane On Weight
Not everyone has the same experience with Accutane. It has become a frequently asked question. Well, it entirely depends upon its side effects of it.
Does Accutane Cause Weight Loss?
Above, we have discussed the side effects of Accutane. So, if you lose your appetite and you do not have enough food, it will make you lose weight. It is necessary to have a refined and healthy diet while using medication.
Does Accutane cause weight gain?
Accutane itself does not cause weight gain. It means you have to stop eating extra calories. If you do not control your diet, it will make you bulky. Hence, limitate your appetite is compulsory.
Managing Weight While Taking Accutane
Avoiding junk food is the best option to maintain your body mass. Not only while having medication but in routine life too. Cheering up and having fun are loved by everyone. Though it does not indicate getting extra fat, the fat causes many other ailments. So keep yourself healthy by consuming nutrients.