Thinking about buying a pair of men’s short jeans? You’re not the only one! More and more guys are now thinking about ways to spice up their style without giving up comfort or functionality. Men’s short jeans combine both style and practicality. They come in different variations, from straight-leg to tapered, with different fits, washes, and lengths. Unfortunately, not all short men jeans will suit you perfectly. There are so many things you need to think about before buying one: Do they have the right length? Check out our tips if you’re considering buying a pair of men’s short jeans soon.
Know Your Body Type And Preferred Fit
If you’re buying jeans for the first time, it pays to be more mindful of your body type and how a particular fit and style will look on you. Ideally, you should try on different types of jeans before making a purchase whether ordering denim jeans online or going to shop. That way, you’ll have a better idea of the kind of jeans that will look good on you, as well as a sense of what sizes and styles are available. For fit, there are three styles of jeans most commonly worn by men:
- Regular: Regular-fit jeans are loose around the hips and thighs, with a comfortable waist.
- Relaxed: Relaxed-fit jeans have a looser seat and thighs, with a slightly baggier waist.
- Tight: Tight-fit jeans have a slim or tapered leg, a very slim or close-fitting waist, and are usually made with a stretch fabric.
Short Men Jeans With Stretch
Most men’s jeans are made of cotton, a piece of sturdy and versatile fabric with a classic look. But are you aware that there are varieties of denim? There’s regular denim, stretch denim, and stretch-cotton denim. Regular denim is pure cotton, lightweight and breathable, but not as comfortable as stretch denim, which has spandex added to it to make it stretchy and soft. Stretch-cotton denim is a cross between regular denim and stretch denim and is often used in high-end jeans. We recommend buying a pair of short men jeans that are made with stretch. Stretch denim is much more comfortable and durable than regular denim.
Skinny Short Men Jeans
Skinny jeans are a popular choice among short men’s jeans. They’re often worn by men who like to wear fitted jeans and aren’t comfortable with a looser fit. Skinny jeans are slim throughout the leg and rise slightly above the ankle. Keep in mind that you won’t be able to wear your favorite shoes if you’re wearing a pair of skin-tight jeans. It’s best to wear a pair of skinny jeans with shoes that have a higher heel or a loafer. Make sure you try on different types of skinny jeans while shopping. You’re probably familiar with the “skinny fit”, but there are several “skinny fits” available. Some might have a wider leg or a higher rise. You might like one of these better if you’re not a fan of the classic skinny fit.
Boot Cut Short Men’s Jeans
Boot Cut jeans are a bit of a hybrid between straight and skinny jeans. They’re usually worn by men with a pear-shaped body type as they’re more comfortable than straight-leg jeans. Unlike straight-leg jeans, boot-cut jeans don’t rise above the ankle. They usually end about an inch above the ankle, which is perfect for wearing with boots. Make sure you try on different types of boot-cut jeans while shopping. Boot Cut jeans come in different versions. Some are looser and more of a relaxed fit, and others are skinnier with a higher rise.
Taper Short Men Jeans
Taper jeans have a skinnier leg from the knee down. They’re quite versatile and can be worn both casually and formally. Unlike skinny jeans, which just have a smaller leg, taper jeans have the same tighter fit on the seat and thighs. So if you’re not comfortable with the snug feel of skinny jeans, you might prefer a pair of taper jeans instead. Keep in mind that the taper cut is more of a modern look, so it might be best to wear it if you’re dressing more casually. Additionally, having a thin physique is beneficial.
Straight Short Men’s Jeans
Straight-leg jeans are the opposite of skinny jeans. They have a looser and more relaxed fit in the legs. They usually rise above the ankle and can be worn with loafer-type shoes. You don’t want to wear a pair of super baggy jeans, but it’s also a good idea not to wear a pair that’s too tight. It’s best to go for a comfortable one.
Things to Consider When Buying Short Men’s Jeans
When shopping for a pair of short men jeans, you can look out for certain things. Here are some of them:
- The right fit: You want to make sure that the jeans fit you well in the right areas without being too tight or too loose.
- You don’t want your jeans to be too short or too long.
- The right style and color: The style of jeans you choose should suit your body type and look good on you. The color should also match your skin tone
- The right wash: Jeans come in different wash variations like raw (or unwashed) denim, washed denim, and distressing.
The right pocket style: The front pockets of the jeans should be big enough for your hands. When sitting down, the back pockets shouldn’t be in an uncomfortable position.
How to Maintain Your Short Men Jeans
Here are some tips on how to do that:
- Choose the right detergent: Most jeans manufacturers recommend that you use cold water (or lukewarm water) when washing them.
- Presoak the stains: You should presoak the stains in the crotch and knees before washing your jeans.
- Turn the jeans inside out when washing them: Turning the jeans inside out will protect the waistband and pockets from being damaged.
- Drying low: It’s best to air-dry your jeans (or tumble-dry them on a low setting). Avoid ironing your jeans, as it can damage the fabric.
Short men jeans come in a wide range of styles and colors, making them a great way to stand out in a crowd. Choosing the right jeans to suit your body type and lifestyle, however, can be a challenge. Fortunately, by following these tips, you can find the perfect pair for you. From the fabrics to the washes and colors, there are so many things to think about when shopping for jeans.
Also, read this related post about women’s jeans: